Ever wondered how these big brands started their journey? Was it slow and steady? Was it an Instant success? Well stay tuned as we delve into some of their histories and success stories.
We are going to look at a few brands we sell here at www.alabamart.com including Sony, Binatone, LG, Panasonic, Hisense, Kenstar, Midea, Scanfrost, Thermocool, Konka, Nexus etc. We have divided this into a few part series.
For today our Focus is the Korean Giant Group, Samsung.
Samsung is one of the world’s largest producers of electronic devices and it specializes in the production of a wide variety of consumer and industry electronics, home appliances, digital media devices, semiconductors, memory chips and integrated chips. Samsung was founded as a grocery trading store on March 1, 1938 by lee Byung-Chull. He started his business in Raegu South Korea, trading noodles and other goods produced in and around the city and exporting them to china and its provinces.
Samsung entered the electronics industry in the year 1969 with black and white Samsung television as its first productions. The first black and white Samsung Television went on sale in 1970 and later the same year, the company began to export home electronics products overseas having established themselves as a major manufacturer in Korea. Samsung would expand into even more fields in the 1970s, including petrochemicals. It also started production of Samsung smart TV, Samsung Washing machines, Samsung Freezers, Samsung Air Conditioner, Samsung refrigerators, Samsung microwaves and other Samsung Home Appliances & Samsung Kitchen Appliances.
Samsung got into other businesses throughout the 1950s and 1960s, including life insurance and textiles.
The SPC-1000, introduced in 1982, was Samsung's first personal computer (sold in the Korean market only) and used an audio cassette tape to load and save data – the floppy drive was optional.
Check Out 7 - Fun Facts about Samsung Electronics:
1. MEANING OF THE SAMSUNG LOGO: In Korean, the word Samsung means “three stars.” The name was chosen by Samsung founder Lee Byung-chull whose vision was for his company to become powerful and everlasting like stars in the sky. The three stars remained as the company logo in various forms until 1993 when the current logo was introduced.
To ensure the highest quality products, 90% of Samsung products are produced within Samsung’s own factories.
In 1996, Samsung commercialized the world’s first CDMA cellular system; in 1998, Samsung invented the world’s first digital TV set. In 1999, we introduced the world’s first watch phone (SPH-WP10) as well as world’s first mp3 phone (SCH-M210/SPH-M2500) and the first TV Phone (SCH-M220).
In the late 1990s, Samsung made more advances in television. It created the world's first mass-produced digital TV in 1998. It had a full lineup of digital TVs by 1999.
3. REVENUE: Samsung’s revenue in 2012 was $188 billion. By 2020, Samsung plans to reach $400 billion in revenue. This target will be driven by a continued focus on consumer electronics, but also through a concerted drive into new growth areas, such as enterprise sales and medical devices
4. HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT CENTER:
5. THE SAMSUNG BRAND:
In June of 1993, while on a global tour, Samsung’s chairman, Lee Kun Hee arrived in Germany at a hotel in Frankfurt. He summoned all of Samsung’s executives from around the world for a senior meeting, where he gave a three day speech laying out his vision for the future of Samsung and what the company had to do to become successful. The most famous quote that came from the speech was: “Change everything except for your family.” Since then, Samsung has risen to become a global leader in consumer electronics. June 2013 will mark the 20th anniversary of New Management.
6. SMARTPHONES: Samsung has sold more than 100 million GALAXY S series smartphones worldwide. Sales continue to increase, but in January 2013 the original GALAXY S had sold 24.6 million units, and the GALAXY S II and GALAXY S III had each sold over 40 million units.
New Samsung patents reveal stunning rollable phone designs
7. TVs: Samsung Electronics offers premium TVs with Smart Hub that sets new standards for performance, usability and design. Samsung truly believes in innovation for all; that’s why 100 Samsung smart TVs are sold every minute and Samsung has been the world’s most successful TV manufacturer for the past seven straight years. Samsung has the samsung Led tv, Samsung UHD tv, Samsung Oled tv, Samsung Qled tv, Screen technologies.
The S95B features Quantum Dot tech and is Samsung's first new OLED TV in almost a decade.
Some of the Samsung Best Selling Tv Screen Sizes and Links to their Product pages on our website www.alabamart.com are listed below:
samsung 55 inch tv Price
samsung 65 inch tv Price
samsung 32 inch smart tv Price
samsung 43 inch smart tv Price
samsung 65 inch smart tv Price
samsung 65 inch smart tv Price
Samsung 85 inch tv Price
samsung 65 inch curved tv Price
8. Shop SAMSUNG Products on www.alabamart.com: Shop from a wide range of SAMSUNG PRODUCTS from Alabamart Online store Catalog. Below is some of our best selling Categories.
Use the Link to start Shopping Now !
Samsung Automatic Waching Machine
Shop the wide range of Samsung Smart Tv and enjoy 8% OFF
Shop the wide range of Samsung Air Conditioners and enjoy 8% OFF
Shop the wide range of Samsung Air Automatic Washing Machine
Samsung Refrigerator & Freezers
Samsung Home Appliances
Samsung Kitchen Appliances
This brings us to the End of Today’s Blog Section, Hope you enjoyed it and you now know more about the Samsung Electronics brand than 80% of earth’s Population (Note: There is no research or data to support this claim)
In Summary, If Samsung Electronics needs electricity, They will Manufacture it !
Source: Official Samsung Company History